If you want to create a content marketing strategy that will work for your business, then it is important to know the basics of what makes an effective content marketing plan. If you are someone who needs help creating a killer content marketing strategy, this blog post is for you! We will cover 6 tips that can be used to generate more traffic and increase conversions on your website!
Define your brand positioning and voice
If you have not done so already, it is important to define your brand positioning. This should be a unique message that can help differentiate you from other competing brands in the space. You also need to determine what type of content will best align with this strategy and feel natural for your company’s voice!
Here are some questions you should think about to figure out your brand positioning:
- Who are my customers?
- What problems does my product solve?
- What is the competitive landscape?
- Why is my product better than the competition?
- Is there a gap in the competitive landscape that can be filled by my product?
These are hard questions, and as you explore your answers, you will develop a clearer sense of what content best aligns with your brand, and how you have to present it to your audience.
Find your tribe and reach out
If you have found your brand positioning and voice, then you should be able to find the right groups of people that will support it. You need to reach out to these communities online by sharing content that is relevant or engaging for them. If done correctly, this can lead to more followers on social media, as well as your blog – bringing the relevant audience to your sales channel (your website in most cases) that increases your business!
Think about who would want what you offer. What questions do they have, what problems can you solve for them?
The more targeted your content is to these people and their needs, the better responses will be – this means that chances are high that others in a similar demographic will find it interesting too!
- Create buyer personas that reflect the customers/audience you are targetting
- Find the best platforms for your target audience (blog, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Create a content marketing strategy that speaks to them in their voice and language
- Share this content on those channels consistently until it becomes part of your daily routine!
This will not only increase engagement but also create new followers who can turn into customers as well!
Create a customer journey map
Once you know who you are reaching out to, it is a good idea to segregate your content into what is relevant for each buyer persona. It will be a good idea at this point to also identify how the content you are creating will push the customer through the various stages of awareness, interest, desire, and action.
A customer journey map can be a valuable tool for this and should help you to focus your content marketing strategy. It will outline the actions you want to take and when, as well as show what type of content aligns with those steps in order to move customers through the stages of conversion.
- Define the steps in your customer journey
- Understand how your audience fits into that journey
- Align your content around steps in the journey
Define your goals and KPIs
Your content marketing strategy needs to be aligned with the business goals and KPIs for your company. If you don’t know what those are, then it will be difficult to create an effective plan that is certain to work. So make sure that you have a clear idea of where you would like your content marketing efforts to lead so that success can be measured.
- Know how many conversions you need to hit your goal
- Set up a set of KPIs that will help you measure the success of each campaign (generating leads, increasing conversion rates)
- Track and analyze these metrics over time to see which content marketing efforts are working well for your business!
Become a master researcher (and spy)
If you want to make sure that your content marketing campaign is successful, it’s always a good idea to take a look at what the competition is doing! It allows you to see what they are doing and how they can be beaten or outperformed. Plus, you will get some inspiration from their success stories and learn about the pitfalls of certain strategies!
- Learn about your competitors and what they are doing
- See the success of their content marketing efforts (or pitfalls)
- Find out what you can do to take a step ahead in the game!
If you are looking for content marketing ideas that will be successful, it’s important to not only find topics your audience might like but also fresh content. It can seem difficult at first because there is so much information out there, but luckily we have some tips!
- Identify where the conversation about certain topics has shifted or slowed down
- Watch what is trending and act fast to take advantage of it
- Find content that has been shared a lot on social media or other platforms with links back to an article (this will show you how the audience reacted)
There are many tools right now in the market that help you find trending content, including tools like Google Trends and BuzzSumo. If you are not too keen on using these, keeping a tab on what is trending on social media(Trending tweets, Instagram posts, etc.) can serve the purpose too.
Don’t forget the marketing in content marketing!
Content marketing is about more than just creating content to attract visitors; the content needs to be optimized to market your products as well. Just writing trending articles to bring in an audience is not enough, you need to catch their interest and efficiently lead them to your product for it to have a real impact.
Here are some tips for increasing your visibility and the number of people who will see, read or share what you have created:
- Create a catchy headline that will grab attention (think news in a newspaper)
- Insert multiple calls to action (CTAs) within and around the content that leads to your product or service
- Measure how well each content piece is performing and improve your future content strategy by learning from it
Content marketing is a powerful way to drive sales, but it takes more than just creating content. It also requires understanding how your customers think and what they need at each stage in the purchase funnel or conversion process. In this article, you’ve learned about some of the most important tips that will help you create an effective content marketing strategy for your business–whether online or offline! If all these ideas seem too daunting to take on yourself, don’t worry: our team of experts is ready and waiting to partner with you to create a stellar SEO or marketing plan tailored specifically for your needs. Just contact us and let us take your content strategy to a whole new level!