Before learning about Shopify Dropshipping let us first understand what Dropshipping is. The Dropshipping business is great for those people who want to start their online store but don’t have a place to store their products. As a drop shipper, you will be free from inventory management headaches; when a customer buys a product from your Shopify store, the supplier delivers the product to the shopper and you only have to pay to supplier.
To set up a Shopify dropshipping store you should be prepared to spend monthly software operating fees of $30 and $120 as initial setup fees. Other expenses include a monthly subscription starting at $29, dropshipping app subscriptions, and a domain name price starting at $14.99 a year.
Shopify dropshipping business is a trend right now. Setting up the dropshipping business on Shopify is very simple. Follow these steps to set up a successful Shopify Dropshipping Store:-
- 1 Step 1: Create a Shopify Account
- 2 Step 2: Connect to a Dropshipping App
- 3 Step 3: Add products to your Shopify Dropshipping store
- 4 Step 4: Set up your Shopify Dropshipping Store according to your Standards
- 5 Various Dropshipping Apps & Products
- 6 To Sum, it all
Step 1: Create a Shopify Account
Shopify offers a free trial of 14 days to the customers, no credit card required, so you can create a free Shopify account by entering details like email, business name, and password.
You can change your Shopify store name and email address anytime from the Shopify store settings after creating an account and logging in.
Step 2: Connect to a Dropshipping App
Shopify is known to be dropshipping friendly, and its various features make it easy for a user to set up a fully functional store. To add products, and start your business, it is necessary to connect to a dropshipping application. One of them is Oberlo, a dropshipping app that works exclusively for Shopify.
Since Oberlo is owned by Shopify and has a fully integrated drop shipping network it is easy to install and use. Once installed, it requires setting up an account and following a basic setup wizard.
Step 3: Add products to your Shopify Dropshipping store
After setting up your account, and connecting to a dropshipping app, it is now time to add products to your Shopify dropshipping store. You can choose from many different categories of products available on Oberlo.
Things to keep in mind while adding products:
- Select a country where you want to sell your products.
- Be sure of the categories of the products you want to include in your store.
- A good product description is pivotal to making the product more attractive to a customer.
- It is always a good practice to check for competitors. Oberlo will suggest a retail price for the selected product, but searching for the market price of a similar product and adjusting the price in accordance to the competitors, and offering free delivery on top, is a good tactic used by many drop shippers.
- Include estimated delivery time to your product so that customers are satisfied.
- Regular checks on reviews, the number of sales generated, and how many Shopify/Oberlo stores have offered the product, makes your Shopify Dropshipping Store better at selling products.
Edit Product Details in your Shopify Dropshipping store
After having done adding products, you can navigate to the products section in your Shopify store. Here you will see all the products you have added. Now, you can individually go and change the product description, change the name of the product, filling with suitable keywords that will make the items more appealing.
Step 4: Set up your Shopify Dropshipping Store according to your Standards
Once you have created your account, added the products according to your niche, and reviewed all the necessary details, it’s time to design your store.
You can hire a professional Shopify website designer or you can do it yourself.
To start, on your dashboard you will see an “online store” section through which you can change the theme of your store. You can select from free themes available on Shopify, or you can buy themes to suit your standards.
On selecting a particular theme you can customize that theme to your feeling and taste. The designs you want to give to your store could be changed and edited.
On selecting the theme of your choice you will be taken to the theme designer page from where you can set the theme according to your taste and standards.
Once you’re there you can select from various options available and try everything to set a working theme for your store.
Being a website development company Shopify allows users to add logos and images that can make a site look more professional, engaging, and calming.
Other details that are to be included are:
- Informational pages for customer service and shipping details: Pages such as the about page, contact page, shipping & returns, and FAQs page are to be included. Pages can be created from the “Pages” option on the left-hand side of the Shopify dashboard, then clicking on “Add Page”. Knowledge of SEO, meta description, and URL & handle is beneficial over here that will make good informational pages.
- Menus to simplify navigation for shoppers: After setting up pages, you can set up the navigation section. A navigation setup specifies which pages or options will appear on your menu. A good mapping of pages will make it better, so take time to map out the order of the pages.
- Payment, shipping, and tax information: Setting up the payment system can be done from “Settings”, then “Payment Providers”. Shopify payments and PayPal are enabled by default, you can change the payment methods if you want.
- A store domain name: The default domain setup for your Shopify Dropshipping store is “https://YOUR-STORE-NAME.myshopify.com/” the format. You can set up your domain name to make your site look professional.
Various Dropshipping Apps & Products
As mentioned earlier, there are various dropshipping apps out there that can help your online business thrive. These allow a user to add products from all the domains, including fashion, sports, entertainment, daily needs, and more. A few of them are mentioned below:
A Shopify-owned dropshipping app, that provides fully integrated services which ease our work to find and add products to our store. It has fully automated features and a lot of customizable options which makes importing products, processing, and overall management of the business smooth.
Free for 500 products and 50 orders per month. Prices vary for the addition of more products and monthly orders.
PRINTFUL – Printing & Warehousing
For businesses that sell their products based on the print-on-demand model PRINTFUL is the best drop shipper to help. For designers who are looking to sell their original artworks printed on merchandise like mugs, apparel, posters, and T-shirts, then Printful is the solution.
Pricing varies, depending on the product and services.
MODALYST – Dropship name brands
Modalyst is your go-to app to include branded products in your Shopify dropshipping store.
It is free.
Spocket is an app suited for those wishing to sell on a global scale. This app allows you to purchase products from Europe, Asia, America, and Africa. It also claims to have discounted products that can generate up to 40%-60% margin in profits.
It is also a free app.
To Sum, it all
Shopify is your business needs in one place; from choosing the desired product to delivering to the doorstep, everything is sorted out. It takes little or no effort to customize your site, add pages, and build your store. You can take your time and explore all the built-in apps for different varieties of products suitable for your business. Once everything is set up according to your choice, then your business is all set to boom!
Image by Mohamed Hassan from Pixabay